Wide litigation experience, gained over 15 years in Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and the UK. While most cases have settled favourably out of court, there have been many appearances in County Courts and also in the High Court in Belfast, Dublin and London as well as various tribunals. As a trained Mediator, several disputes have also been quickly resolved.
Detailed expert witness reports have been prepared on a wide range of cases, with a selection of expert opinion/witness experience listed below:-
• For the Plaintiff, claim for damages associated with trespass of sheep onto grass closed silage for dairy cows*
• For the Plaintiff, cattle trespassing on a main road, leading to a road traffic accident, resulting in personal injuries**
• For the Defendant, claim against a farmer for wrongful dismissal of an employee***
• For the Defendant, claim for damages, following an oil spill which polluted a waterway to which livestock had access as a source of drinking water*
• For the Defendant, claim against an equipment supplier for losses resulting from the installation and commissioning of faulty dairy equipment**
• For the Defendant, claim for damages caused to high dry matter clamp silage, following ingress of water through a hole caused by silage sampling*
• For the Plaintiff, claim for losses resulting from a failed IACS claim*
• For the Defendant, claim for monies due from a deceased’s Estate for alleged works carried out prior to death*
• For the Plaintiff, claim for losses sustained by a dairy farm following the supply of unviable semen*
• For the Defendant, claim for losses sustained as a result of personal injuries caused in a road traffic accident*
• For the Defendant, claim for losses following a fire which destroyed a self propelled forage harvester**
If you have a problem which you feel is not adequately described above, please contact us to discuss your requirements. We have access to a large number of expert witnesses with wide experience, across a range of disciplines, which we can contact on your behalf.
* Settlement successfully negotiated
** Case successfully defended or proved in court
*** Case successfully defended at labour tribunal
Successfully Conducted Mediations
• Negotiated settlement of a dispute between a sheep farmer and a feed compounder, relating to the quality of feed supplied. The farmer claimed that the feed was of poor quality and subsequently withheld payment.
• Successful mediation of a dispute between two farmers relating to the sale of a beef bull, subsequently proved to be infertile, resulting in losses sustained by the farmer who purchased the bull.
• Successful mediation of a dispute between a farmer and a feed compounder relating to the quality and labelling of compound feed.